Hey, they have a Patriot Act in Russia , too.
MOSCOW ? Russian rights activists say that a new law drafted by Prime Minister Vladimir Putin's Cabinet would allow authorities to label any government critic a traitor.
The draft extends the definition of treason from breaching Russia's external security to damage to the nation's constitutional order, sovereignty or territorial integrity.
A group of prominent rights activists, including head of the Moscow Helsinki Group Lyudmila Alexeyeva and head of Civic Assistance Svetlana Gannushkina, said in a statement Wednesday that passage of the bill would return the nation's justice system to the times of Soviet dictator Josef Stalin's purges.
The government systematically rolled back Russia's post-Soviet political freedoms during Putin's eight-year presidential tenure.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081217/...ia_treason_law
Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.
Hey, they have a Patriot Act in Russia , too.
We'll keep the lights on for you.
Spuds
But over here you can insult the government lol.
Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.
Read it close. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img] If it fall under a certain threat, you can be hauled off.
We'll keep the lights on for you.
Spuds
Si senor...us americans aren't nearly as free as many of us think we are...
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
I figure I'm 'bout half free- at least that is what my year-to-date pay stub comes out to. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]
We'll keep the lights on for you.
Spuds
There's a site online that rates countries on the basis of "real" freedom of it's citizens..and at last update, the US wasn't in the top 15 in the world.
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
Our standard of living, according to a study I saw, dropped from #1 to # 10 under the Great "Wizard of Ron." Ya'll peons jus' wait, I'm giving my rich friends some tax breaks and defense contracts and sooner or later , some will trickle down to you." History has forgotten just how many people lost jobs ,homes and cars during that time. Makes him seem like a great man, unless you paid the bills.
We'll keep the lights on for you.
Spuds
Anybody else think when Russia gets some more power they're going to be seriously scary ? I sure do
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/redskins3.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/6a00d83451ba6469e200e54f0eaffb8833-.gif[/img]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/unc1-1.jpg[/img]
Russia is nowhere's close as scary as China, Iran, North Korea.
Bookmarks